Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bullying in kindergarden - yes it really happens! - Part I

My son started kindergarden this past September.  In the beginning, he loved his teacher, new friends, and school.  Somewhere along the line, things changed for him.  When I picked up, he seemed more grumpy and withdrawn, he wasn't excited to go to school in the morning and refused to get dressed, and have breakfast.  He wasn't as sweet!  When did this shift happen?  I feel so horrible to say that I don't quite remember as I just thought the honeymoon had worn off at school, so I did my job of mom and did "tough love" by making him go to school!

I really noticed he was being bullied for sure after the Veteran's Day holiday.   I actually saw him being bullied, which practically ripped out my insides and made me vomit (which would not have helped things).   The details need to be changed to protect the others involved, but I will write more in Part II.

This is the first Saturday that it is all hitting me.  I met with his teacher for a conference yesterday, and now I need to decide if I will send him back after the Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment