Monday, June 30, 2014

Hotel curve - We do not recommend the Doubletree Hotel in Anaheim, CA

My son and I have stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Sacramento, and they are really friendly and most of the time offer a free breakfast, plus they have a nice pool.  I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Anaheim before a flight, and was really disappointed.

When we first got to the room, it smelled like smoke,  I told the Bellman and he said he'd report it so we wouldn't get charged.  My son and I were both tired and hungry so didn't feel like going to the front desk and doing the check in process all over again, so decided to keep the room and open the window.

We were given a board room, which I agreed to as I knew it had a large white board with white board markers,  but when the white board marker was dry and I called the front desk, they were completely out of  markers.  What if I'd had a meeting in that day in the board room?  So, we left the half drawn train and went to eat, my son was a really good sport about it.

When we got back from dinner, I realized that the top lock security lock in the room was cracked on both sides of the door, it was scary as I was wondering when it had happened, had someone tried to get in the room while we were in the room, or in another stay?  I called the engineer, and asked to send a woman to accompany him, they only sent the engineer.  He seemed fine so I didn't make him go get a chaperone, but I didn't feel they listened to my concerns.  It took about 30 minutes for the engineer to fix and replace the lock, he asked if anything was missing, and I started feeling scared, wondering what and when it had gotten broken and whether we were now safe for the night.  The engineer gave me a security report, which I signed.  He made a copy.

After he left, my son was already sleeping so I started working at the board room table in the board room (the board room has one room and is connected to the bedroom, the had given us this room as nothing else was available in the main hotel.)  I was sitting in the chair working on the computer and my chair fell through (really!) with a loud noise, I almost screamed as I thought someone was behind me!  I checked out the chair and it was completely falling apart underneath!  The wires were falling out, the stuffing was falling out.  Why was this chair still in the room!  Once again, I called the front desk and had the engineer come to the room and he took away the big chair, and once again I signed a security report.

Meanwhile, my son coughed quite a bit that night from the smoke.  We have both decided to not stay in a room that smells like smoke again, it was a learning experience.

Of course, I do not share that I blog when I first stay at hotels, and I never told them.  When I checked out, and told them I didn't feel well, they never offered me any compensation at all, but just said I could call the main engineer on Tuesday. I did tell them,  of course, that I knew that if  my son or I  had broken any of the items such as the chair or the lock, or if I had smoked in the room, I would  have immediately been charged for those things, and she apologetically agreed.  I do not think that is fair!

Overall, this was a really bad hotel experience.

Tips:

1.  Check out room thoroughly before you unpack car and bring things.  Check for things broken or missing, and whether the room smells like smoke or pets, as you could be charged for those things.  If things are broken or the room smells funny and you want to stay, get a report signed so you won't be charged!

2.  If you notice something breaks, get a security report and have the engineer sign it and get a copy.

3.  Do not stay at the Doubletree Anaheim.


No comments:

Post a Comment