Sunday, December 7, 2014

Academy of Sciences- 2 reindeer on display now through January 4th! Movie- "Roaming With Reindeer"

A friend told me that the California Academy of Sciences is free today, yet I found no proof on their website.  I will update when I found out!

The kickoff for "Tis the Season for Science," the Academy's annual holiday exhibit has begun!  There are 2 reindeer, Willow and Yukon, a pair of live, 6 year old reindeer.  Reindeers are called, "Nomads of the North," I discovered on the website.  There are also, snow flurries, caroling and other holiday activities!

There is a movie in the snowman shaped theater, "Roaming with Reindeers."

My son used to participate in the little Naturalists Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at 9:45AM on Wednesdays.  Registration for this program is available online.

I want to take my son to the Penguins and Pajamas Sleepover on Saturday, January 17th at 6:00PM.  It is for children ages 5 to 17, and an adult chaperone is needed. This program is $109.00 for non-members and $89.00 for members.

Resources:

Academy of Sciences
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA

Tip:  Have lunch at the cafeteria at the Academy of Sciences, it is amazing and delicious!  It is very different from most museum cafeterias!




No comments:

Post a Comment