Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My 4 year old son's perfect morning!

My son wanted me to write this blog today!  This is a first!   He wanted me to write that he loves Children's Fairyland!  He loves Fairyland because of the two dragons, he claims, "One is nice and one is bad."  We are going there today and he wants everyone to know how excited he is!

Note:  We just learned that Children's Fairyland is on Fall hours; it is NOT open on many days during the week in the Fall.  Including today.  Don't forget to check their hours online before you visit.  So we'll be going to Lawrence Hall of Science instead.  You can check out some of our past blogs about LHS here.

He also wanted everyone to know about his favorite new breakfast!  This morning I made him Challah French Toast  (he just decided this today!)  It is Ina Gartener's recipe (found at this link).  I added a little white confectioner sugar on top and some "Let's do..Sprinkelz.   I got these sprinkles from Whole Foods and the coloring is natural dye, nothing artificial.  I didn't add the orange zest or the vanilla as recommended in the official recipe, just because I didn't have either on hand.

Enjoy!

Resources:

Children's Fairyland
Oakland, CA

Natural Sprinkles
Let's do...Sprinkelz
Distributed by Edward & Sons Trading Company
Box 1326, Carpinteria, CA  93014
www.edwardandsons.com
(the all natural dyes are extracts of seeds, vegetables, or fruits.)

Market Hall Bakery (Oakland, California)

Sprinkelz available online:

No comments:

Post a Comment