Sunday, September 23, 2012

Walnut Festival is more expensive than expected

I took my son to the Walnut Festival in Walnut Creek last night.  We parked across the street at the shopping center and ate dinner at MOOYAH burger place.  It is somewhat of a  gourmet burger place, and my son loved the kids cheeseburger.  My son walked into a bar table that was right next to the cashier, banged his head loudly,  and then screamed, "I NEVER want to come back here!"  He ended up getting a free chocolate milkshake out of the deal.  I told the manager that they may want to move the bar as I predict more children will be banging their heads soon!  Next time they may lose out more than a milkshake!


The Walnut Festival is VERY expensive for a casual family outing.  For example, it is $5.00 just to enter the festival for everyone two and older.  Then, for $20.00 you get 20 tickets which gets you on about 5 rides.  My son enjoyed the "Raider" ride the best which is themed after the movie raiders of the lost ark, there was lots of climbing involved so this ride may not be appropriate for some children.  Also, parents can not go on this ride with children.   Today, a wrist band will be available for $25.00 a person that will get you in any rides.  Yet, if a couple have two children, that is still very expensive for a festival, and that is not even including food and games (there are games everywhere, which my son was actually more interested in than the rides. Beware!  For my son and I it was a fun mommy and son date night but ended up being much more expensive than I expected.  Bring cash, and lots of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment