Saturday, February 23, 2013

Opposition from university professors toward tests

This morning I looked at the statement  posted by several professors at universities regarding the overuse and misuse of standardized testing across the United States.  Through talking to parents that are trying to decide what schools their children will attend, I found out that many families are looking at private, parochial and charter schools partly because they don't believe in the standardized testing that is being used in public schools.  Parents, teachers, and administrators that I know seem to have various opinions about the value, use, and future of testing in the United States.  It is a hotbed since people are so divided!  I prefer to stay publicly neutral on the topic until I gain more information and read more research.

Resources:

matestingstatement.wordpress.com/statement/

No comments:

Post a Comment