Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cool Patch Pumpkins- my favorite pumpkin patch in 2014, plus worlds biggest corn maze, Dixon, CA

My favorite pumpkin patch this year is Cool Patch Pumpkin in Dixon, CA.  This pumpkin patch also has the largest corn maze in the world!  Two brothers started out with just a few acres and a lofty goal, then started building their mazes with an eye for the Guiness prize. They create a fresh design each year for the maze, starting with an idea and hand cutting each and every turn of the massive design.

I haven't taken my son on the maze yet, but we have gone into the fun zone with a giant pool of corn kernels and go karts, plus a tractor ride, and an area with forts and teepees. For my son, it is a fall wonderland!

What I love about this pumpkin patch is that when you are walking around, there are real pumpkins on real vines!  Many pumpkin patches I've seen in California do not really grow pumpkins, this place really is and looks like a farm!

Resources:

Cool Patch Pumpkins
6585 Milk Farm Rd.
Dixon, CA

Hours:
9:00AM-8:00PM, daily through November 1st

http://coolpatchpumpkins.com

Phone Number:  (530) 746-8723

No comments:

Post a Comment