Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Math Circle, began at Harvard, for students who enjoy math and want added math challenges!

I found out about The Math Circle through friends who take their children to the UC Berkeley Math Circle.  For now, I decided to wait before participating in a weekly math circle group.  From parent discussions, it seems that it is more interesting for the parents during the weekly homework given, then it is for the children.  I do believe that true education begins at home, in igniting the parents love of learning, that is the best homework!

The Math Circle curriculum is available online also, I am thinking of starting my own math circle.

The Math Circle
The Math Circle is a program of courses founded in 1994, designed for students who enjoy math and want the added challenge of exciting topics that are normally outside of the school curriculum.

http://themathcircle.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment