Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pets - Wet noses really warm hearts! ARF

I  took my son to ARF in Walnut Creek, CA yesterday.  This is our second time we have gone there in search of a dog.  We walked away alone again, but I know eventually we'll find  a match made in heaven!

I love ARF as they do not euthanize their pets.  Once a dog or cat finds a temporary home at ARF, they are safe.  This is great because this time when most of the dogs were gone, my son and I can talk about how they found new homes!

They have many children's programs at ARF, too many to explain here on this blog.  I'd recommend looking at the website or visiting to see what they have for your children's age group.

Camp Arf-  In the summer, there will be a Camp Arf for children grades 1 through 12, register and find out more information at www.arf.net.

Community Service at ARF-  There are four hour community service days to students grades 6-12.  Community service days create projects to benefit ARF shelter animals, such as creating enrichment items for ARF animals, baking dog treats, landscaping and animal care cleaning tasks, etc.  As everyone knows now, colleges are looking for not just grades but students with character.



Resources:

ARF
2890 Mitchell Drive
Walnut Creek, CA  94598
www.arf.net

No comments:

Post a Comment