Monday, August 26, 2013

We had a "Camp NIght" in my friend's backyard!

This past weekend some friends of mine who I've known for years all got together with our families and had a "Camp" night at my friend's house.  Originally, we were going to go to Petaluma or KOA campground and camp out.  Last year by this time we'd already camped twice.  This year, for some reason, it is coming up to the end of August and we'd not even camped out once.  In fact, until yesterday afternoon, I couldn't even find our double family sleeping bag.  So, my friend offered her backyard for our campout.  I brought my tent I had purchased last summer from REI, that even has a "garage" and the children love it as it is so big!  I also brought wine and a cheese platter with fruit and crackers and soft baguette for the adults.  For the children, I brought s'mores supplies.   Another friend provided burger ingredients and yet another friend brought chicken and BBQ sauce. We even had salad!

We ended up not spending the night in the backyard.  When it got dark, we took down the tent, and put it in the car, drove home, and slipped into our own bed.  Yet, it was fun to get friends together and have a campout.


No comments:

Post a Comment