Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Rice Krispie treats- a treat I remember from my childhood!

I grew up in Michigan, and I spent  lots of time in the spring and summer having picnics by lakes, streams and rivers.  My mom would make Rice Krispie treats and we gobbled them up!

Rice Krispie Treats Recipe

What you need:
-3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
-40 medium sized marshmallows (I now use the Whole Foods homemade marshmallows, but you can also use another variety.)
-6 cups of Rice Krispie or other rice crisp cereal

Making the Rice Krispies:

Heat butter until melted, by stovetop or microwave.  If using microwave, heat butter in large microwavable bowl for 45 seconds on high.  Add marshmallows, toss to coat.  Either heat butter and marshmallows in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or heat on stovetop, until mixture is well blended.  If heating in microwave, stir after 45 seconds.

Add cereal immediately, mix well.  Press into greased 13 X 9 -inch pan.  Cool completely.

Cut into 12 squares.

Other recipes at JETPUFFED.com

No comments:

Post a Comment