Saturday, January 18, 2014

Farewell Circle - Great way to say goodbye!

A farewell circle is a great way for students to say goodbye to a fellow student who is moving from a school.  The students in an elementary school can sit in a circle on the rug, and the students take turn going around a giving a compliment or appreciation to the student who is moving and leaving the classroom.  For example, they may say, "I appreciated you helping me with math."  Or, "Thank you for helping me when I got hurt."  This is a wonderful way for children to learn how to say goodbye in a thoughtful and caring way!  I've always told my students the phrase I learned in girl scouts, "Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold!"  The students then may have some social time and share a snack such as cookies and milk, or a farewell cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment