Monday, January 20, 2014

Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, San Francisco, CA

This week I am going to take my son to see the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in San Francisco.  This memorial is located right in the middle of the Yerba Buena Gardens and celebrates Dr. King's life and his life's mission.  If you walk behind the waterfall, and read the quotes on the wall, it brings me to tears!  There are several waterfalls and engraved statements dedicated to unity.  The whole effect is amazing!

Dr. King's speech, "I Have A Dream," is its' entirety was delivered on August 28, 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.


Resources:

Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial
745 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech, "I Have A Dream"
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.com

No comments:

Post a Comment