Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Last Lecture by Professor Randy Pausch

As I prepare for our school open house this week I feel stressed and overwhelmed, but I remember Professor Randy Pausch's book, The Last Lecture, and it makes me remember what is really important.  These days teachers can so stressed about school open houses.  They worry more than ever about being judged.  Yet, what is important is not what is seen on open house night, it is the collective experiences and learnings from the whole year!

On September 18, 2007, computer science professor Randy Pausch stepped in front of an audience of 400 people at Carnegie Mellon University to deliver a last lecture called, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams."

I love the book and website, The Last Lecture.  Remembering it helps me remember what is really important!

Resources:

The Last Lecture
http://www.thelastlecture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment