Saturday, June 1, 2013

47th Annual Sand Castle & Sand Sculpture Contest- Alameda, CA

My son visited Robert Crown Memorial State Beach Park today in Alameda, CA to go to the 47th annual Sand Castle and Sand Sculpture Contest.  This event was so much fun and was thrilling for my 5 year old son.  This is an annual event and next year I want to calendar it in and plan a picnic with friends at the park.

As we walked by one of the winning sand castles/sculptings there was a really rude woman who walked by the castle and told a young African American man to move out of the way as she wanted to take a picture.  He looked at her, then asked if she wanted to take a picture, she said yes, rudely.  She didn't even say, "Please" or "Thank you."  Later, when I told him how well he handled the situation, he said, "My momma raised him right!"  I was so impressed, and when I looked down at my son at that moment, I hoped that he would say that someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment