Sunday, September 7, 2014

Farewell to comedian Robin Williams, from his daughter, Zelda Williams

Robin William's daughter, Zelda Williams, tweeted this about her dad, Robin Williams.  I saw this in The People Tribute Commemorative Edition by Time Inc.

She quoted from Little Prince which is one of my favorite books.  The tears flowed when I saw this.

"You- you alone- will have the stars as no one else has them........  In one of the stars I shall be living.  In one of them I shall be laughing.  And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night....You-only you will have stars that can laugh."

"I love you, I miss you.  I'll try to keep looking up.  Z."

Robin Williams, one of my favorite movie comedians, was born on July 21, 1951, to Laurie and Robert, a Ford motor company executive.  He grew up wealthy and episcopalian.  He lived in a rented 30 room mansion in Bloomfield Hills, MI until he was in high school and his dad retired and moved the family to Tiburon, CA where he went to the public school, Redwood High School.

Robin had two half brothers who were much older.  He was short for his age at the boys only school, Detroit Country Day School, a private academy with strong academic standards.  He wore a blazer to school and carried a briefcase.  He said, "I was fat and used to get beaten up a lot.  They called me 'dwarf' and 'leprechaun.'  I started wrestling and dieted off 30 pounds in a year.  The comedy started then."

Resources:

People Tribute
Commemmorative Edition
Robin Williams
Pg. 34-35
Time, Inc.

This is an amazing tribute to Robin Williams!  My favorite movies he starred in was Birdcage (1996) with Nathan Lane. The two of them were perfect!  I also really enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire (1993.)

No comments:

Post a Comment