Friday, April 13, 2012

Skiing for Toddlers

We just left the South Shore of Lake Tahoe, and we want to share some tips about skiing with a toddler (and some general tips about the area).  

We rented equipment for our son at the Powder House Ski and Snowboard Shop, which is next to the gondola at Heavenly.  They have lockers.  We purchased some ski clothes there for my husband.  Sadly, they didn't have much of a selection of children's ski wear.  But, our son's equipment was fine for the trip.   

All three of us rented skis, boots, and poles there the first day.  But, our son was the only one to keep the boots the whole time.  My boots were uncomfortable.  And my husband's boots were beyond uncomfortable.  In fact, they wore little holes in the inside heel of both my husband's feet; he is still recovering.  

I ended up going to the Powder House Boot and Demo Center to get boots and skis for the rest of our trip at the end of the first day.  They have master booters there, and I agreed with their marketing pitch that they take the time to find the best boot for your foot.  (www.tahoepowderhouse.com.)  Unfortunately, they didn't have boots that fit my husband.  He ended up getting demo boots at the Heavenly equipment rental shop, which is also next to the gondola (and next door to the Powder House).  The bonus turned out to be that their computer system was down on our last day at Heavenly, when we came in to return my husband's equipment; they comped him the extra day's rental.


No comments:

Post a Comment