Friday, May 4, 2012

Crayola's Color Studio HD (NOT Recommended)

This week is a tough week for our family because my son and I both developed a cough on Tuesday.  In desperation, knowing it was going to be a tough week and even though it is Screen Free Week, I picked up Crayola's Color Studio HD.  The age was 3+ and it promised, "An animated world of color on your iPad."  It worked for about 20 minutes.  Then the iMarker digital stylus stopped working.  The power was on.  But, it just stopped producing color on the iPad (unless you pressed down REALLY hard, to the point where my husband thought it would hurt the screen)!  

Wow, talk about a grumpy child, as he coughed nothing I did calmed him down.  I do NOT recommend this gadget and am returning it tonight!  In this case, the glittery box was not really golden.  For $29.99, this was truly a ripoff in my opinion.

Yesterday turned out to be a horrible day, but today I was determined to do better!  I went to whole foods to pick up some supplies to make chicken soup, and I picked up some disposable placemats by green sprouts.  I thought they would be perfect for upcoming travel.   They are waterproof and are tree free, they are made from limestone.  They include 8 placemats and even include 3 soy free crayons.  Also, I picked up a package of 10 recycled crayons shaped like earth worms.  When I read the Crazycrayons box it said, "The purchase of this product supports 'recycling' education and employs people with developmental disabilities.  The Crazycrayons were $10.00 and the Greensprouts disposable placemats were $6.99.  So, both were $16.99, which seemed like so much in the store, even though they are environmentally friendly, etc.  When I got home my son spent 30 minutes coloring his placemat with his earth worm crayons happy as a clam!!!!  Plus, I have 7 left!  They each have a different picture, and my son was actually coloring and promoting small motor coordination.  

I was so easily fooled into getting the fancy program, yet good old fashioned crayons worked the best!   

--TC Mama


Campaign for a commercial free childhood (www.commercialfreechildhood.org)  

Crayola Color Studio HD  (imarker digital stylus + Crayola ColorStudio HD app)  by Griffin.  Questions? Comments?  Call 1-800-208-5996, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5 PM.  I do not recommend this product.

Green Sprouts Disposable Placemats, waterproof barrier, adhesive strips, and includes 3 soy crayons
iplay., inc., 2000 Riverside Drive, Suite 9, Asheville, NC 28804
1-800-876-1574
( I highly recommend this product!)

Crazycrayons, 10 recycled crayons shaped like earthworms, the crayons are 100% recycled, handcrafted in the USA,  The firm employs people with developmental disabilities.  CRAZYCRAYONS.COM, Made in Steamboat Springs, CO.


No comments:

Post a Comment