Monday, August 6, 2012

Bloom retreat- children's yoga- Walnut Creek

I am sitting at Bloom retreat, a retreat for mothers and their children, in Walnut Creek, CA.   I just took my son to the Monday kids yoga (with mama), ages 2-4.  The teacher was Jillian, and she was awesome with the children and mamas.  She also introduced me to a children's book about yoga called, ABC's of Yoga, by Teresa Anne Power.  I'm going to order it, as it is also wonderful for learning the alphabet through whole body yoga movement.  During class my son showed off the monkey pose that he had learned at his preschool last year.  Since this was my son's first time doing yoga here, I chose to do the family yoga class.

The Bloom retreat also offers Vinyasa yoga (all levels) that the owner, Michelle teaches.  Their is childcare for the children while the mamas do yoga. I tried out the yoga class with Michelle and was surprised how gentle and fun the class was.

There is also childcare available Monday through Friday from 9:30-1:30PM.  As it says in the brochure, "curl up with a good book, catch up on e-mail, or chat with a friend."

There is a Toddler playgroup for children 18 Mos- up to 3.  It is Monday and Wednesday at 3:30PM.
A kids yoga is also offered at Bloom for children ages 4-8.

There is a 3-class introductory package available for $30.00 which is valid for one month after you use the first class.  I took advantage of this offer.  A family membership costs $99.00 and this offers many perks.

I highly recommend trying this place out!  Warning, it may take some time for your child to feel comfortable going to the childcare.  Yet, I believe it is worth the time and investment!  This place is truly a retreat and gets better each time you arrive!

Bloom also has other services such as massage, therapy, and nutritional counseling.

Resources:

Bloom Retreat
1444 South Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA  94596

925-939-6262

www.bloomretreat.com


No comments:

Post a Comment