Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lizzie Fountain, Livermore

I haven't spent time in downtown Livermore for years.  Yesterday my son were on our way to Del Valle Park and stopped along the way when we saw the Lizzie Fountain in downtown Livermore at the corner of N. Livermore and 1st Avenue.  The huge clocktower is a landmark if you want to meet friends there for a playdate and chat (which plenty of families where doing while we were there yesterday.)  My son thoroughly loved the spray ground and was laughing hysterically at the antics of the other children!
Well, we never ended up going to Del Valle as my son didn't want to leave!   Livermore is such a family friendly town!  I could actually live there based on what I saw yesterday!

After playing at the spray park for a few hours we went to 1st Street Yogurt which is locally owned and has really yummy yogurt!

We also visited a local recommendation of Woopsie Daisy Toys which is on J street, see next blog for more details about this fabulous toy store and kids salon.

If you are shopping for furniture or are expecting a child soon, take a look at Bill Jeffers Valey Furniture on First Street.  He has a great rocker from Sunny Designs which is all wood with leather for support.  I sat in it and rocked for awhile and imagined how much I would have loved it when I was pregnant with my son or when he was a baby.  He wanted to sat in it also and as he rocked he got a big smile on his face and sighed!  I would actually get it now but we just don't have room in the living room.  The store was super friendly for my son, he ran around like he owned the place and Bill just laughed and shared how local children walk by and beg to come in the store and play!

Resources:

Lizzie Fountain
corner of N. Livermore and 1st Street

Valley Furniture
2193 First Street
Livermore, CA  94550
Owner:  Bill Jeffers


No comments:

Post a Comment