Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Foodie Kids-G is for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

One of my son's favorite lunches is grilled cheese sandwiches. He likes cousin Lauren's best!  I've been working hard on a homemade healthier version, and I think I found one he likes!

Ingredients:

365 Organic Classic White bread, from Whole Foods (The #1 ingredient is organic wheat flour.

Either Trader Joes organic butter (I warm it up before spreading on the bread,) or Ancient Organics Ghee (my son has learned to like the taste of ghee, and it works for us in things like macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches.)

365 organic hickory smoked sliced cheddar

Mom's recipe for Grilled Cheese:

Butter both slices of bread on one side, place 2 slices of cheese between slices of bread.  Place on griddle. After a few minutes, place ribbed panini press over sandwich to create a crispier sandwich.

Yum!

Resources:

Lodge Logic Ribbed Panini Press
Cast Iron


No comments:

Post a Comment