Saturday, December 29, 2012

Toy Review - Jake's Musical Pirate Ship and Bucky

My son got the Jake's Bucky Musical Pirate Ship from Santa Claus.  Right now my four year old son's favorite television show is Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Junior.  For some reason, I envisioned before I had children that my child would NOT even watch television.  Instead, I  had thoughts of them doing puzzles, reading books, playing with wood toys, etc.  The reality is that my son IS allowed to watch television and it works out logistically to be about an hour a day.  We usually use the On Demand and pick either Little Einstein or Jake and the Neverland Pirates for him, but only when he asks.  

When we were at the mall a few weeks before Christmas with my mom, we stopped in the Disney store and my son fell in love with all the Jake toys, so he added the pirate ship and treasure chest to his list of three things on his Santa list.  We've been talking about how Santa has so many children to visit that three is a fair number of toys to ask for.  My son has really enjoyed the pirate ship, so I would recommend it.  My son actually has a wood pirate ship and he plays with that too, but it is a different kind of play.

With the Jake pirate ship he is playing the show, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates," while with the plain wood pirate ship he creates different scenes.  The nice thing about the show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates," is that Jake's pirate team work together to solve problems, so there is a teambuilding element.

Resources:

Jake's Bucky Musical Pirate Ship
Features:
25 pirate phrases, sounds, and music
movable parts
includes Jake, Bucky, and Tick Tock the alligator (other characters sold separately)
includes 3 AA batteries
age 3+
USA $59.50, Canada $64.50
item # NB12 461718921245 61

Fisher Price
Fisher-Price.com
DisneyJunior.com




No comments:

Post a Comment