Tuesday, September 3, 2013

THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF SCHOOL

I remember going on an interview years ago, and taking the book, The First Few Days, with me.  It was recommended by a college professor that I trust and respect.  The book is for both new and veteran teachers and for those who teach from K to college instructors.  It explains about some essential qualities of an outstanding classroom that  all teachers need to remember for those first few days, such as classroom management, teaching for mastery and to the standards, and creating positive expectations.

The First Days of School is a best selling book in education with over 2.2 million copies sold.  My version in my teaching library that I bought years ago, didn't include a CD.  Now, it is available with a CD, featuring Harry Wong, who is a sought after speaker in education, on both an audio and a video track.

I highly recommend the book, The First Few Days Of School!  It really helps me stay focused on what is important at the beginning of the school year!

Resources:

The First Few Days Of School
Harry K. Wong and Rosemary T. Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment