Monday, March 17, 2014

Dawn Ranch Resort, wonderful place for families to stay, walking distance to town, pool, somedog friendly cabins

My last post was about Johnson's Beach in Guerneville.  My son and I went there together in the summer of 2012 for a few days and stayed at the Dawn Ranch Resort.  My son reminded me of this place a few days ago, and said he wanted to go back.  I remember we had a nice dinner at their restaurant, Agriculture Public House, and he still remembers having a big bowl of mussels there.  I looked it up on the menu, and they still have it, it is listed as, "Heirloom Tomato Broth, House Made Chorizo, Fococcia for $16.00.  I have never seen him enjoy a meal more, and he ate almost the entire bowl of mussels!

When we went there, we did not have our dog yet, but I was happy to read on the internet that pets are welcome in roadside cabins for an additional $40.00 fee.  Just a reminder, though, pets are not welcome at Johnson's Beach Resort in case you want to go there.

We spent a half a beautiful sunny day in 2012, hanging out by the pool with other families.  There is a really beautiful walk to the river, and this is a great place for groups of families to go to.

Resources:

Dawn Ranch Resort
http://www.dawnranch.com/dining.htm
16467 Hwy 116  (River Road)
Russian River Appellation, Guernville, CA  95446

*Pets are welcome at roadside cabins, with a $40.00 pet fee.

*They have a dine & stay package, reserve one night in a poolside, redwood, or roadside cabin for $199.00, and receive a $50.00 dining voucher to use at the Agriculture Public House.

Agriculture Public House
@Dawn Ranch Resort
(same address at above)


No comments:

Post a Comment