Friday, March 7, 2014

T is for tea and lunch in Berkeley, CA

Yesterday my son and I and friends had lunch at the Imperial Tea Court in Berkeley, CA.  There is a peaceful outdoor area for dining also, both an upstairs and downstairs choice.  We ordered first, and then picked an upstairs spot.  The tea comes with a lid on it which the waitress told us is how tea is served in China.  This is our new favorite tea spot in Berkeley!  We son got hand strung udon noodles (I saw ladies making the noodles in the back so they really are hand strung! I got the vegetarian noodles for my son, but next time I'd get chicken as he was eyeing his friends bowl!  I got vegetarian fried rice, which was gluten free.  I would definitely go back there, it is a wonderful place to go for lunch with children during the week.  I am not sure what it is like at 1:00PM on a weekend, I guess it is much busier.

No comments:

Post a Comment