Monday, March 3, 2014

Visiting the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento by taking the Capitol Corridor Train from Oakland, CA

Today I took my son to the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, CA.  This is the second time he has gone to the museum, the first time my mom also came, we drove there,  and it was Veteran's Day.    We also took the Veteran's Day steam train that day!  It was such a memorable experience!

This second time my son and I took the train all the way to the California State Railroad Museum.  We took the Capitol Corridor Train from the Jack London train Station, but the train can also be caught in such areas as Martinez, Richmond, Berkeley, or Emeryville.  It only took 2 hours from Jack London Square station and once we got there it was a short few blocks to the museum.

I would highly recommend this journey, it was quite an adventure and only took a day!

Resources:

Capitol Corridor train, Amtrak
Call 1-877-9-RIDECC, 1-877-974-3322
CAPITOLCORRIDOR.ORG

California State Railroad Museum
Sacramento, CA
445-6645

Some photos after we returned to the Jack London Station:





No comments:

Post a Comment