Monday, March 17, 2014

Johnson's Beach in Guerneville opens in Mid-May for spring and summer fun for families!

I've been recovering from the flu since last Sunday night.  I am ready to start taking my son to the beach and other adventures!  In the summer of 2012, I took my son to Guerneville, CA and we went to Johnson's Beach.  I am always asking friends who grew up in Northern California where they went as a child, and my friend told me about Johnson's Beach.  When I visited, I understood why as it used to be called Johnson's camp and was started by Gertie and Ernie Johnson around 1918.  It has been owned and operated by just three families during all that time.

There is no charge to visit Johnson's Beach, and no charge to park either.  They do charge to rent canoes, single and double kayaks, pedal boats, umbrellas, inner tubes, and other supplies.  They also have a snack bar.  Credit cards are not accepted at Johnson's Beach, but I remember the summer of 2012 going to the snack bar, realizing I didn't have any cash, and the person working giving my son an ice cream anyway, it was very sweet!

There is a camping at Johnson's Beach, and it is offered on a first come and first served basis offering tent and a few RV sites.  We didn't do that, but I want to bring friends this summer as it looked fun!

Resources:

Johnson's Beach
Open mid-May to early October
10AM to 6PM, no alcohol, BBQ's, glass, or dogs
(707) 869-2022
http: //johnsonsbeach.com/
*Credit cards are not accepted, drivers licenses are required for renting equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment