Monday, March 3, 2014

My son's favorite book right now- Saving Yasha, The Incredible True Story of an Adopted Moon Bear

I first discovered this book at Pendragon Books on College Avenue in Oakland, CA this past Saturday.  I was looking for a birthday present for a 6 year old boy, and the cover of the book caught my eye!  The cover has a cute moon bear looking at you with adoring eyes, even I wanted to read the book.  The photographs are by National Geographic Young Explorer Liya Pokrovskaya and are amazing.  I got this book for my son's friend, and got one for my son too.  Since Saturday, my son has had my husband read Saving Yasha each day several times, he loves this book!

I love this book as a parent because it also teaches conservation, geography since there is a map of Asia in the back where the moon bear lives.  Also, there are extra resources and book ideas for those that have more interest in the topic, such as us.

We love this book!

Resources:
Saving Yasha
The Incredible True Story of an Adopted Moon Bear
By Lia Kvatum
Photographs by National Geographic Young Explorer Liya Pokrovskaya

National Geographic Society
1145 17th Street  N.W.
Washington D.C. 20036-4688  U.S.A.

ISBN:  978-1-4263-1051-5

For information about special discounts for bulk purchases, contact National Geographic Books Special Sales  at ngspecsales@ngs.org


No comments:

Post a Comment