Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Luxury family accommodations - Ritz Carlton, Lake Tahoe- very family friendly

When my son and I got picked up at the train by a Ritz town car from Amtrak, I knew this place was going to be amazing.  Of course, for this special service, you need to inquire ahead of time, but right when I called, the concierge was super helpful!  When we got our room keys and walked into the elevator, the elevator smelled like a spa, I love the smell!  The spa smell is everywhere and it is wonderful!

I have so much to write about this place, that I will need to come back and write more another day.  Yet, here are a few highlights I will elaborate on more later:

*Every day at 4:30PM when families come off the slope, they can gather together by the fire pit and a smoreologist (with official label jacket to prove job title,) helps family makes smore's around the fire.  One night the pastry chef had made homemade raspberry and mint marshmallow.  Another night, the pastry chef made caramel flavored, yum!  Of course, there is also conventional marshmallows as well.  There are also three kinds of chocolate.

*The Manzanita restaurant has delicious food, see next post for more exclamation

* skii-in skii out valet service, since the hotel is right on the mountain.

* outdoor heated pool where people are actually swimming and using the hot tub.  Lighted fire pit by pool area for warming up.  (Bring your swimming suits as many families were swimming before dinner.)

*Full service spa (I didn't have a chance to use the spa, so I can't write too much on this.  I did walk inside the spa shop with my son and get the Frangipani & Mulberry Leaves body soak for my son's bath as I had forgotten bubble bath.  My son loved it as it turned the water blue, and the ingredients were all natural.  He asked for it again with excitement the next night, but they were out of the "blue bath bomb" as my son called it.  (Frangipane & Mulberry Leaves with Blue Agave effervescent bath soak, Me!Bath, www.mebath.com.)

*Gorgeous lobby with tall windows looking out on the mountain

(More writing to come as my son and I have so much to say...)


No comments:

Post a Comment