Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mom's reflection: Where are all the Easter Egg hunts in the San Francisco Bay area?

When I was growing up in Michigan, during the spring I went to Easter egg hunts all the time, even when I was 13 years old!  Here in the San Francisco Bay area there are very few Easter egg hunts.  My son and I went to the Livermore YMCA camp and there were over 300 people there, plus there weren't enough eggs for all the students to hunt for.  For $15.00, we got breakfast for each of us, which was  tasty, but the whole experience was nothing like the Easter egg hunts I grew up with.  See the blog below for all the activities in the Oakland County of Michigan!

Resources:

YMCA Camp Arroyo pancake breakfast and easter egg hunt
(This event was April 19, 2014 and my son and I do not recommend it.  Many children did not even get eggs and started crying!  Plus, though the hunt is in the hills of Livermore, there were over 300 people there and it was not relaxing!  This event was $15.00 which is at least for a good cause.  Yet, this event represented a reason why people may NOT want to raise their children in the San Francisco bay area- overcrowded, expensive, and stressed out adults and children!)

Easter egg hunts and other spring activities in Oakland County of Michigan
http://oaklandcountymoms.com-easter-events-oakland-county-metro-detroit-michigan-24702/

Peet's Coffee & Tea Milk Chocolate Foil Eggs
Purchased at Peet's Coffee and Tea, Emeryville, CA
peets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment