Monday, December 9, 2013

Bullying- an epidemic in schools today

Why do I hear so much about bullying?  A few days ago, I was in a cafe, and the woman who worked there told me about her son who has been bullied all year.  Her story brought tears to my eyes, because her son is in high school.  He is so young to hate school and not feel safe.   It is so sad for me to constantly hear these stories now about children being bullied at school,  while  parents are working hard to make a living and wanting to trust the school system to keep their child safe.  What a delight it would be for their children to want to go to school, to enjoy learning, to feel safe.  I am going to research what successful schools are doing to create a safe, peaceful, and accepting environment.  I am looking forward to sharing my research.

Teacher Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment