Monday, December 23, 2013

Nevada City School of the Arts, Nevada City, CA- an arts charter school

My son and I were at the Grass Valley Cornish Festival when we met a 10 year old boy who was playing violin at the Cornish Festival.  He was dressed up in Cornish costume and was playing holiday music, but he also told me that he can play "Smoke on the Water."  He was so confident in his musical ability and stage presence that I asked him where he went to school, he told me, "I go to the Nevada City School of the Arts."  

 I hadn't heard of that school so I did a little research, and this is what I found.

Their recipe for success:

15 passionate teachers
2 music instructors
4 resident artists
12 community artists
9 instructional aides
13 support staff
347 students

1 GOAL

Resources:

Nevada School of the Arts
13032 Bitney Springs Rd.
Building #8
Nevada City, CA  95959
Phone:  530-273-7736  x218
FAX:  530-273-1378

No comments:

Post a Comment