Monday, December 16, 2013

Recommended Holiday Book- Frosty the Snowman, music and lyrics by Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins, music by Kenny Loggins

I took this to a Kindergarden class last week to read to the class.  I love this book because it is a great holiday book, yet every child can appreciate it, no matter what religion, beliefs, or holidays they celebrate.  This book also includes in the back cover a 3-song CD recorded by Grammy Award Winner Kenny Loggins.  I read the book to the class, then we brainstormed words about snow, winter, snowman, and I wrote them on the board, some with pictures for reminders.  Then, the students drew a picture, and some of them wrote words or sentences while I played the CD.  It was an excellent K lesson and was very uplifting.  I belief kindergarden should be a time to get children jazzed about school, and this book brought smiles and excitement to the children's faces!

Resources:

Frosty the Snowman
Music & Lyrics by Steve Nelson & Jack Rollins
Illustrated by Wade Zahares
Includes a 3-song CD recorded by Grammy Award Winner Kenny Loggins
Imagine! a Peter Yarrow Book
ISBN # 978-1-62354-012-8

No comments:

Post a Comment