Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lafayette Library - Traditional Folksongs of the Winter Holidays - Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 6:00-8:00PM- FREE

I love libraries!  I remember when I was a child growing up in the midwest, we would go to the library at least once a week.  My father liked taking a drive and going to different libraries in our area.  To me, libraries are a safe and cozy place to be, a haven from the stresses of life.  For my son, I want him to have that same feeling.  Libraries are free, and when I went to Peet's today in Lafayette, they were crowded to the brim, and there was no where to sit.  I got my gingerbread, almond latte (yes, Peet's has almond milk now), and headed over to this library where it is humming but not crowded.

This Thursday, December 19th, in the LLLC Community Hall, there is a concert of the Traditional Folksongs of the Winter Holidays,  It is from 6:00-8:00PM and no reservations are necessary.  We already have a commitment for this Thursday evening, but if we didn't then we'd go!

Resources:

Traditional Folksongs of the Winter Holidays
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Lafayette Library and Learning Center Foundation
Ages:  All ages
Time:  6:00 to 8:00PM
Fee:  Free
Reserve:  No reservations necessary

The LLC Library writes,  "Join us for a very special free holiday concert with Legendary folksinger, storyteller, and autoharp virtuoso Adam Miller.  Well-known (and not so well known) sing-along songs of the holiday season; traditional folksongs, carols for the new year, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the Winter Solstice- from pre-Christian times to the present."

Lafayette Library and Learning Center
Home of the Glenn Seaborg Learning Consortium (GSLC)
Information at LLLCF.org
(925) 283-6513
Lafayette, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment