Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Favorite Snacks for children- Fruit Straws

As I've written in previous blog posts, at my son's school the children need to bring both a snack in a bag and a lunch.  Finding both lunches and snacks that I can pack and that my son will actually eat have been harder than some college classes!  I thought being a mom would be easier than college but for me it isn't!  I found a healthy fruit roll up this past week called Plum Kids organic fruit straws.  There isn't even any sugar which is a definite plus!  My son liked the fact that he could use it as a straw in his milk!  The top two ingredients are organic apple puree and organic apple juice.  It has 1 gram of fiber and 10% daily recommended vitamin c.  It contains 9 grams of sugar.  Ideally, I prefer a real apple or other fruit, but I've been finding too many apples with only a bite taken out of it leaking in his lunchbox.  I'm desperate for a at least few days of non-mess lunches!

Resources:

Plum Kids
Organic Fruit Straws
real fruit snacks
Strawberry Vanilla
Distributed by
Nest Collective, Inc.
Emeryville, CA  94608
1-877-914-PLUM
INFO@PLUMORGANICS.COM
Certified organic by Oregon Tilth

No comments:

Post a Comment