Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Recipe- Easiest pasta with sauce and meatballs!

When we have a really busy day of school, and then other classes on top of that, we don't even get home until dinner time.  I would rather make my own meatballs and spaghetti sauce, but when that is not possible, my son really loves a simple pasta with sauce and meatballs using particular ready-made varieties.  I discovered Aidalls Italian style meatballs with mozzarella cheese about a week ago at the Village Market in Oakland, CA.  I like the Organicville Organic Pasta Sauce, we like the Tomato Basil variety.  Or, sometimes we have the 365 organic when it is on sale at Whole Foods, we like the Tomato Basil and the Classic varieties.  Sometimes I make my own spaghetti sauce using fresh tomatoes, herbs, and a tomato paste such as Bionatura Organic tomato paste.   I like this kind as there is no salt added.  Then, for a pasta, I discovered a small pasta shop right in Jack London Square called Edison Grainery.   Since I am gluten free, I like the Organic Quinoa pasta as then I can eat it too!

Resources:

All Natural Chicken Meatballs, Gluten Free, No Nitrates, and No Hormones
Aidells Italian Style with Mozzarella Cheese
www.aidells.com
(Follow directions on package for heating, really easy!)

Edison Grainery Organic Quinoa Elbows (gluten free)
By Edison Grainery
Emeryville, CA
EDISONGRAINERY.COM

Organicville
Organic Pasta Sauce
Tomato Basil
Gluten Free
Sky Valley Foods
878 Firetower Road
Yanceyville, NC  27379
www.organicvillefoods.com
(24 oz has 420mg of salt, which is 18% of the sauce.)


365 Organic Pasta Sauce
Tomato Basil or Classic
Distributed by Whole Foods Market
Austin, TX  78703
(25oz has 500mg of salt, which is 21% of the sauce)

Bionatura
Organic Tomato Paste
NO SALT ADDED
Distributed by:
Euro-USA Trading Co. Inc.
North Franklin, CT  06254
(Refrigerate after opening.  Use within 10 days.)

Amy's Organic pasta sauce
Family Marinara
Amy's Kitchen Inc.
P.O. Box 449
Petaluma, CA
Amy's.com





No comments:

Post a Comment