Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sierra Waldorf School, Sonora, CA- My favorite things about this school!

These are my favorite things about the Sierra Waldorf School in Sonora, CA:

*  The Waldorf School administrators that I've met have all previously been teachers and are knowledgable about the philosophy.  The Sierra School has amazing administrators and office support. They really "walk the walk."

*There is a beautiful organic garden that the students learn to tend to.

*There were some bats living in the eaves of the school buildings so they built a bat house, where they now peacefully live.

*They successfully do beekeeping

*The classrooms are clean, peaceful, organized and serene.

*They have a store in downtown Sonora where they sell toys, supplies, and do some crafts.  I haven't visited yet, since they open at 12:00.

*They have a great space with lots of room for the children to be children!  I can really appreciate this since I currently live in the city.

*I could say so much more, this school seems like a really warm, loving environment that involves the community in activities such as a not scary Halloween festival that has fun activities for the children and actually ends with a bonfire, sounds like an idyllic way to spend Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment