Monday, October 1, 2012

Chileno Valley Organic Apple picking-Sept/Oct

I took my son with my neighbors to do a farm tour and organic apple picking at the Chileno Valley Ranch.  They had a tour of the chicken coop, pigs, and other parts of the farm, which was perfect for young children.

The organic apple orchard has varieties such as Orin, Pinova, Molly's Delicious, and Jonathan's Pride.

Chileno Valley Ranch is open for U-pick during the months of September and October, Sundays only, from 10AM to 4PM.

Be sure to bring insect repellent as there were tons of bees near the farm animals food buckets.  Also, bring sunscreen as it was extremely hot and sunny when we went there today, with very little shade.  I had my son wear a hat, which was useful.

Bring drinks and food as there is no food sold at the ranch at all.  The only food sold is frozen organic beef (I bought some and it stayed frozen for the hour ride home) as well as organic eggs, and of course apples.  My son was disappointed they did not have apple cider; when we go to Michigan we always go to the cider mill for fresh cider and doughnuts.

For the full cider mill experience, I'd recommend going to Apple Hill near Placerville.  See my earlier blog post about upcoming Apple Hill events.

Resources:

Chileno Valley Ranch
www.chilenobnb.com
5105 Chileno Valley Rd.
Petaluma, CA  94952
1-707-765-6664
1-877-280-6664

No comments:

Post a Comment