Thursday, October 18, 2012

Disney on Ice- Recommended! See Oct.17-28

I took my little guy to see Disney on Ice tonight!  I was not sure if either of us would enjoy it, but was pleasantly surprised.  My son was totally engaged and watched carefully!  He told me later in the evening as he was tucked in bed that it was, "BETTER!" than Disneyland.  He now wants to go iceskating!  We met a friend with her 3 children at the show and she goes every year.  She said this was, "the best year yet, in all the 4 years I've gone!"

A few recommendations:

1)  Set firm rules about what you will and will not buy at the show.  My son knew I had NO cash so we didn't buy any toys, food, or the $15.00 lemonade in the fancy cup.

2)  Bring your own snacks.  My friend had a whole container of treats and drinks for her three children, which she shared with my son.  I was surprised they even let people bring in drinks and food, but they did!  The lemonade in a fancy cup was $15.00!  Since it is getting cooler, warm milk or hot chocolate in a thermos would be nice.   The food at the Oracle Arena was VERY expensive and did not look really yummy.

3)  Think about transportation choices.  We took a combination of bart and a cab.  Parking is $30.00.

4)  There is handicapped seating, so it would be fun to bring a grandparent or handicapped friend.  The seating is at the top in chairs so is great seating1

5)  Bring Banz earmuffs for babies if they are sensitive to sound.  Also, I brought earplugs for my son as these kind of shows are uncomfortably too loud for him.  I buy the Quiet Please comfort phone earplugs and they work.  I keep a big box handy as we use them for flying, concerts, etc.  He had some of the Baby Banz when he was younger.  See resources below to links for these protective devices for ears.

6)  Bring hand sanitizer as my son ended up having a cough the next day (I'm adding this piece on October 18th.)  Also, bring some extra layers as it is really chilly as you leave the Oracle Arena.

Resources:

Disney On Ice 100 Years of Magic
October 17-21 Oracle Arena
October 24-28 HP Pavilion
disneyonice.com
Purchase through ticketmaster, arena box offices, or call 1-800-745-3000

No comments:

Post a Comment