Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clayton Valley Pumpkin Patch- October 2012-Fun!

This year we have been to the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Patch, in Clayton, CA several times!  My son has been going there since his very first harvest time in 2008!

This year I can really see he is enjoying it more than ever because the patch has the following two areas he just loves, they are called Tunnel of Straw & Lima Bean Pots and Little Carver's Barnyard Play Area.  Both of these areas are so perfect for the preschool age child that I would love to recreate them in my yard (if my yard was actually big enough!)  For access to both areas it is $10.00, which seems high at first but only until this provides a ticket to hours of fun!  Parents, my advice is to bring a magazine to look at because this will not be a short visit!   Plus, as a teacher, I love the lima bean pots as they are really good for tactile and sensory integration which most children are not getting enough of in our high technology world!


[Picture from the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm website]

I bought a Cinderella pumpkin from here on our last visit, which is a heirloom variety the owner, Sharon, grows on property.  I cooked it up at home and made pumpkin pie and it took hours!  The Cinderella pumpkin is really sweet.    I enjoyed making pumpkin pie with my son using a real pumpkin we had got from a pumpkin patch!

The owner, Sharon, is always there when we visit, and she has done the pumpkin patch since the 1980's. It is now a tradition in our family!  I would highly recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment