Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Preschool Science Class at Chabot on Tuesdays

I took my son to the Tyke Explorer class at Chabot Space and Science Center today.  The museum is actually closed to the general public  on Mondays and Tuesdays since it is fall, so finding parking is easy!  Today the theme was, "And Yummy Veggies In A Row." The students got a cute story, they samples different kind of veggies in the root, stem, leaf, and fruits category, and even put all the extras in a food processor for the children to sample the drink!  My son actually had thirds so I'm going to get one of those magical machines for myself!  I wonder if the magical instrument will help MY son drink more veggies?  I'll let you know in future posts!


[Picture from http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2914335066_eb71b404c8_z.jpg and available at www.chabotspace.org/forms/photos.aspx]

I highly recommend these classes as each child is required to bring a parent/guardian so there is really some learning happening!  My son even came home with several projects he had done in class!

Resources:

Tyke Explorers Program
For children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years

Chabot Space and Science Center
10000 Skyline Blvd.
Oakland, CA
Phone number:  510-336-7300

Future Dates and themes:

The Incredible Human Machine
Tuesdays, Oct. 16, October 23, November 6, November 13, and November 27th

Lights, magnets and Air, Oh My!
Tuesdays, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18

The cafe at the museum is closed on Tuesdays so I recommend the nearby Woodminster Cafe, which will be my next blog!  My son loved the hamburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment